Sunday, April 7, 2013

Wait isn't it supposed to be spring??

Jill and I took our labs up Bennachie this morning for a nice long walk to wear them out.  We sure did! We figured there would be some residual snow off the trails as it had rain/snowed in town a little last night.  It can only be assumed that if town gets a little dusting then the hills around would to so we prepared for the worst,  since after all we do live in Scotland!  They say there is no such thing as bad weather here just bad clothing decisions.  We thankfully came prepared because as we pulled into the parking lot there was snow, everywhere and still falling!

It really was a very beautiful site and the entire walk looks completely different when covered in snow. Angus and Kady must have had a spike in energy and enthusiasm as they were spastic almost the entire time.  You could spot the moment that they had exhausted themselves as Angus stayed very close to his mum and Kady no longer came back to see where we were and just waited for us to come to her.

At one point Jill and I lost the trail and we had to go off piste to find our way back.  This was no small feat as the snow quite often came up to our knees and we sunk constantly.  We eventually made it back to the trail and not a minute too soon as all of us, two legged and four legged, we were exhausted.

I've started a tradition every time I climb up Bennachie to stop at Gadie's and Touched by Scotland.  Gadie's is a great restaurant that has yummy food and Touched by Scotland is a gallery where artists of all kinds can sell their work.  I'm a huge fan of getting a hot chocolate with marshmallows post hikes, especially when it's cold outside.  So today Jill and I each ordered a hot chocolate and shared a GF brownie with hot fudge sauce on it.  It was just what we needed after hiking through the snow for 3 hours.

Every time I had been to Gadie's I had admired two prints hanging for sale.  Last time I was in I took a picture of the artist name and googled him.  It turns out that Isaac Abrams  the artist in question is an American artist who founded the first gallery of Psychedelic Art.  After doing a bit more research and viewing some more of his work online I decided that the next time I was at Gadie's I would purchase the two pieces of art, assuming they were still there.  And to my luck they were!  I am now the proud owner of two limited edition signed pieces of Isaac Abrams!  I wouldn't mind getting a couple more and since I now know one of Isaac Abrams friends (she owns the Touch of Scotland shop and sold me the two pieces) I might just be able to (since she offered to get me more if I wanted).

Leaving the parking lot

"The Tumbling of Waters is the Teeming of Life"

a couple of inches by this point

Sporadically covering the trail

Race to the top!




Jill capturing a cute shot of Angus

Angus and Kady rough housing

Anyone need a Christmas tree?

Me knee deep in snow and falling all over the place!
Ontogeny
(Print 5/50 of Isaac Abrams)

An Observant Landscape
(Print 2/50 of Isaac Abrams)


1 comment:

Graciela said...

What a beautiful hike and paintings!