Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Barcelona

Every year I get to go back into the field and do what I love best, look at rocks.  This year I selected a trip to the southern pyrenees where I would be looking at structural geology, i.e. faults.  Not just faults but some of the best faulting you can imagine.

Well our kick off point for this trip was Barcelona.  I was able to fly in early enough on the first day that a little exploring was possible.  I had previously been to Barcelona so I didn't feel that I needed to add vacation days to this trip as I have on previous ones.  And let's be honest, I'm kind of lacking vacation days with the big Antarctica trip that is quickly approaching.

The first day in Barcelona I visited the Palau Guell mansion that was designed by Antoni Gaudi.  It was very impressive.











The last day in Barcelona, with a bunch of my new friends from the field course, was spent exploring Park Güell before finding a lovely tapas restaurant la lluna de júpiter for dinner.  If you are ever in Barcelona and would like to eat in what I call a hole in a wall place that serves some of the best tapas I've ever tasted then you must visit this restaurant!!







For the rest of the Photo Album

No comments: