Thursday, October 10, 2013

My life in a rut...


I feel like I am in a rut, a holding pattern, waiting for the other shoe to drop and for the glass to become half full again.  The next two months are going to be hell.  Work is ramping up and project deadlines are quickly approaching and things just aren’t going smoothly.  I actually dread getting up in the morning and going to work.  I have lost all energy to go on my lunchtime runs and I feel that any energy should be spent working.  The bright side is that in 70 days, yes 70 days I am off to the southern hemisphere.  And I can’t wait!!!  In 70 days I am also all but done working in the UK too!  I return from my month long expedition to Antarctica to have 12 days left in the UK.  Those 12 days will go fast and will be filled with wrapping up any last minute things at work, packing the house (well overseeing the movers pack my house), getting Kady sorted for the move back to Houston and saying goodbye to all my wonderful friends in Aberdeen, who let’s face it have become my family!!!

I have loved and cherished my time living abroad but I’m so ready for my life to get back on track and to move forward towards my long list of life goals.

No comments: