Monday, June 4, 2012

Istanbul


Every year I get to take a geological training field course somewhere in the world.. this year I was going to Turkey.  Since airfare was already covered and I had a few vacation days not claimed I decided to go early and see Istanbul.  I was telling Julia of my plans and she decided to go with me.  We've quickly discovered that we make great travel buddies and have many adventures planned this year.  Here are some images of Istanbul.

The ceiling of the resturant in our hotel 
The view from the roof top balcony of the hotel resturant

Inside Hagia Sophia

Chandeliers inside Hagia Sophia

The columns inside the Basilica Cistern 
Amazing selection at the markets in the Grand Bazar

Hagia Sophia at dusk

The Blue Mosque at dusk

The Blue Mosque at all illuminated

Ta-da I'm in Istanbul!

Dinner on our last night in Istanbul on the roof top viewing Hagia Sophia with Mackenzie (friend from Aberdeen who was also in Istanbul the same weekend)



To see the rest of this album: Istanbul

No comments: