Saturday, July 7, 2012

London


My second training course this year was a classroom course based in London.  Since I was going to be there for a week anyway why not go down the weekend before and see more sights.  Andrea and Julia decided that they wanted to see London as well so the three of us booked flights and accommodation and set out for a great weekend.

Julia and I got down to London Friday afternoon, grabbed some sushi and then headed out to meet up with a few of my geology friends that I had met just a few weeks prior in Turkey.  We ended up going out to an Irish bar, one that I realized I had been to on St. Patrick's Day in 2007, where there was a great band doing covers.. we danced the night away.  Saturday was spent exploring the Natural Science Museum (which is free), walking through Hyde Park and meeting up with my geology friends again for dinner and more clubbing.  On Sunday we played mini golf on the roof of one of the major department stores in London and then headed over to the Canada Day celebration before Julia and Andrea had to head back to the airport.  I finished off my weekend going to the Garbage concert, one of my favorite bands that I had found out was going to be playing in London the same weekend I had planned on being there.  It was meant to be and the concert was one of the best performances I've seen in a long time.

Monday morning came too quickly and it was back to the reason I was in London, my training course, which ended up being one of the better classes I've attended (that isn't field based that is).


Here are a few photos of the trip.


The Natural Science Museum

Andrea and Julia enjoying ice cream in Hyde Park

Andrea and I on the mini golf rooftop course

The Garbage concert



For complete album: London

No comments: