Saturday, May 28, 2011

The hills are alive with... flowers and some rocks

Each year I get to select training courses for continuing my education at work. I always get a classroom course and have been lucky to get a field course as well. Over the past five years that I've been working for Marathon I've been fortunate to get field trips to California, Canada, South Carolina, Ireland and this year.. Greece.

My training this year was looking at the Corinth rift system and sedimentary deposition of large scale alluvial fans. Most people who will read this last sentence will respond with... what??? Don't worry about it. Just enjoy the pictures. If you know a geologist, you will know that the pictures I am talking about will be of ROCKS. Well here are a few non rock pictures, but I had to add a few of rocks too.

To see the rest of the album: https://picasaweb.google.com/mtwildflower/NautilusFieldClass?authkey=Gv1sRgCJWA-rqxqqjNSg&feat=directlink




































No comments: